Swanage and Purbeck Gallery

Station road and Railway Station

Station road and Railway Station

Station road and Railway Station

This photo shows what is now Station Road when the river which runs though the centre of town was still uncovered and there was an estuary running through the town from the beach.

To the right of the photo is the original Swanage Railway station which opened in 1885 and to the left of this is the gods shed in the distance.

The buildings to the left and centre of the photo are in what is now the health centre. In the foreground is a person fishing in the river.

Image Ref: VS2297

Year: 1890

Copyright: Unknown

Photographer: Unknown

Tags: HistoricKings RoadRailwayStationStation Road

Location

Nearby...