- 2 miles
- Start From:
- SY 9638685210 on Road between Arne Road and turning next to Norden Park and Ride off the A351
- Total Ascent:
- 26m (approx)
- A flat easy walk around Hartland Moor near the Arne nature reserve with views over Poole Harbour and across to Corfe Castle.<
- Start of walk - Park at SY 9638685210 or further along road on side and walk NE along open area of heathland.
- Fence Line - At fence line follow track until you come to a gate on your left with a foot path sign.
- Turn Right - Turn right at gate and follow track up through trees to viewpoint and bird hide.
- Bird Hide - At the bird hide you will have views over Poole Harbour. Return back down the same path to wooden gate.
- Go through gate and across field to next gate
- Gate and farm track - Go through gate and left onto rough farm track. Follow track back to tarmac road.
- Bird hide - Bird hide overlooking heathland.
- Road - At the road continue straight ahead through gate and along rough track until you come to another bird hide on your right.
- Bird hide - At bird hide turn left and follow narrow track through the heathland back to the road.
- Road - Go across the road following track across the grass until you come to a gate.
- Fence and Gate - Turn left before gate and follow path with fence to your right along level section and then up small hill.
- Top of hill - Turn left back onto outgoing path back to start.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.