- Off Road Ride
- 22 miles
- Start From:
- Victoria Avenue Car park, Victoria Avenue, Swanage/dd>
- Total Ascent:
- 510m approx
- A challenging fun loop with some hard climbs, fast downhill sections and technical single-track. Can be muddy in winter.
- Start at Victoria Avenue car park, exit car park and turn left along Victoria Avenue.
- Junction to Langton - Turn Left at junction to Langton Matravers and continue up hill and follow signs for Kingston.
- Kingston Village - At Kingston village, continue straight ahead past pub and up hill with church on your left, continue along road past car park into open countryside until you come to a small car park on your left.
- Car Park - At car park turn left and then straight ahead up and across field on wide track and through gates, continue along track until you come to Swyre Head.
- Swyre Head - At Swyre Head turn right and follow track along top of hill, through several gates until you come to a road.
- Junction - At road, turn right and continue along road past a farmhouse.
- Junction - At junction turn left and continue along road.
- Cross Road - At cross roads, continue straight ahead for and up steep hill, continue up and over hill and look for the bridleway signposts and small parking area on your right past the campsite.
- Bridleway - At sharp left corner, turn right onto single-track and follow bridleway signs along single-track until you come to the Norden Farm camp site.
- Norden Farm - Continue past campsite area, through farm yard and follow road to main road.
- A351 Junction - At main road turn left, be careful on this road as the traffic is often very heavy, continue along road until you come to red brick houses with a farm track on your right.
- A351 and Gallows Hill and New Line - Turn right along track and follow bridleway signs.
- Farm Track - Turn right along track over several cattle grids and left when you come to tarmac road, continue along road for approx 1 mile until you come to a gate with bridleway sign on your right.
- Rempstone Forest - At gate continue straight ahead thought next gate and over small stone bridge, then right to large open field on track.
- Metal gate - Follow track across field and through next gate until you come to road.
- Cross Roads - At road cross to track and follow track through trees on forest track until you come to road.
- Junction - Continue straight ahead on road marked “Bridleway Only” and follow road until you come to a turning on your left with a large power transformer on left side.
- Junction - Turn left onto well defined track and continue straight ahead, this track can be muddy in winter, at junction with road, continue straight ahead for approx 100m.
- Gate - Turn right and go through gate and follow track as it bears right then left and past campsite on your right.
- T Junction - At T-junction on track, turn left and straight ahead until you come to a large metal tank with “Franks Tank” written on side.
- Franks Tank - At Franks Tank, go straight ahead through gate and follow signposted bridleway along the side of the golf course until you come to a T-junction.
- T Junction - At T-junction turn right and continue along track until you come to road, caution busy road in summer months.
- B3351 Gate - At road turn right and continue past golf course entrance on your right, take next left road junction.
- T Junction - Turn left and follow road down hill.
- Junction - Turn right at bottom of hill and onto main road, caution can be very busy in summer, continue down Ulwell Road and past Welcome to Swanage sign.
- Ulwell Road and Darkie Lane - Right at Ulwell Cottage caravan site and bear left down hill on Darkie Lane to Northbrook Road, straight ahead at roundabout and follow Northbrook Road back to start point.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.