The King George’s playing field was dedicated by the Urban District Council in memory of King George V on 15th May 1951.
The King George’s playing field has always been popular for sports, dog owners, local families and visitors to the town.
Swanage’s youth football teams use the field on Sundays in the football season.
The King George’s in Swanage is located off the Victoria Avenue car park.
There is an enclosed children’s play area and a skate park.
An area of special interest to nature lovers is the wetland/meadow area with deer often seen in the long grass and bushes.
A public toilet is in the Victoria Avenue Car Park.