- Off Road Ride
- 16 miles
- Start From:
- Victoria Avenue Car park, Victoria Avenue, Swanage/dd>
- Total Ascent:
- 350m (approx)
- A short ride around the Purbeck Valley and Rempstone Forest.
- Start from the Car park in Victoria Avenue, exit the car park and turn right onto Victoria Avenue and then left onto Northbrook Road.
- Roundabout - Roundabout, Turn right at the mini roundabout.
- Cross Roads - Cross the main road and follow road up to rough track and left following bridleway sign up hill.
- Bridleway - Follow very steep track up the side of the hill through trees and then up chalk path.
- Top of the hill - Turn right at the top of the hill next to the wooden sign and follow track east past through wooden gates and follow track down towards Old Harry / The Foreland.
- Turn left at The Foreland and follow wide track back to Studland village.
- Studland Village - At the junction next to the public toilets, turn right and follow the road up the hill past the pub and then turn left at the next junction.
- Main Road Junction - Turn right onto the B3351 and follow the road down though the village until you come to a bridleway sign on the left side of the road. The bridleway is before you reach Knowle House Hotel.
- Bridleway - Turn left through a wooden gate and follow the bridleway across the field until you come to a wide track.
- Track junction - Turn right and follow the track down into wooded area, through a gate and over a small wooden bridge at the stream, Go across the bridge and turn left and follow the bridleway across the heathland going straight ahead at the junctions until you come to an open field with a wooden sign post.
- Sign Post - When the track opens to a wide field with a wooden signpost, bare right and continue across the field to the fence line and a gate.
- Gate and Junction - Go though the gate and turn left and continue through the next gate and across a small stream. Turn right onto a wide forest track and continue along the track until you come to a cross roads then turn right and continue along the track until you come to a gate and tarmac road.
- Cross roads - At the gate turn left and follow the tarmac road until you come to a T junction with a off road track straight ahead.
- Junction and Stop Sign - At the junction continue straight ahead and follow the rough track until you come to a tarmac road.
- Junction with road - Turn left at the junction onto the tarmac road and continue straight ahead at the next junction and continue up the road until you come to a T junction with the B3351.
- T Junction - Turn right onto the B3351 and continue until you come to a bridleway sign on the left at Rollington Farm.
- Rollington Farm Junction - Turn left at the farm junction and follow the track past the farm buildings, through a metal gate and follow the track up the side of the Purbeck Hills until you come to the transmitter site and a metal gate on the left side.
- Transmitter Gate - Go through the gate and bare right and follow the wide chalk track down the side of the hill until you come to a junction and gate .
- Lower track - Bare left and follow the narrow bridleway along the side of the hill.
- Gate - Continue straight ahead at the gate.
- Gate - Continue straight ahead at the gate.
- Gate and Junction - When the track joins a wider chalk track from the top of the hill turn right and go through the gate and follow the wide track down to the tarmac road.
- Road - Turn left onto the tarmac road and continue a short distance until you come to a T junction.
- T junction - Turn right at the T junction and follow the narrow road down the side of the valley and up a small hill to a cross roads at Harmans Cross.
- Cross Roads - At the cross roads, continue straight ahead and follow the road down the hill to the railway bridge and continue up the hill until you come to a rough track on your left with a bridleway sign.
- Bridleway junction - Turn left and follow the wide track until you come to the entrance to a field and bridleway sign on your left, left and follow the narrow bridleway track down the hill turning right into a open field and then left down the edge of the field until you come to a metal gate.
- Metal Gate - Go through the metal gate and turn right following a track across the field towards the farm buildings and a metal gate. Go through the metal gate and follow the bridleway signs along the edge of the farm buildings and left at the end of the barn to a metal gate going into the woodland area.
- Metal Gate - Go through the metal gate and follow the single-track through the woods until you come to a rough track junction.
- Rough Track - Turn left onto the track and follow the unmade road until you come to a cross roads with the A351.
- A351 Cross roads - Turn right onto the A351 and follow the road back to Swanage and continue along the High Street, onto Victoria Avenue and back to the start at the car park.
Best viewed in HD 720p or 1080p mode via the cog icon on the video player.
Click the play icon next to each stage of the route to view the section on the video.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.