- Off Road Ride
- 9 miles
- Start From:
- Victoria Avenue Car park, Swanage
- Total Ascent:
- 280m (approx)
- A 9 mile ride along the Purbeck Hills past Old Harry Rocks and back via Studland Heath with stunning views of the Isle of Purbeck and across Poole Harbour and the Isle of Wight from the top of the Purbeck hills.
- Start from the Car park in Victoria Avenue, exit the car park and turn right onto Victoria Avenue and then left onto Northbrook Road.
- Roundabout, Turn right at the mini roundabout.
- Cross the main road and follow road up to rough track and left following bridleway sign up hill.
- Follow very steep track up the side of the hill through trees and then up chalk path.
- Turn right at the top of the hill next to the wooden sign and follow track east past through two wooden gates and follow track down towards Old Harry / The Foreland.
- Turn left at The Foreland and follow wide track back to Studland village.
- At village go straight ahead at junction and follow road up hill and to the right to the village shop and cross roads.
- At the cross roads go straight ahead.
- Turn right into rough track and follow bridleway until the track forks left and right with a gate on the left side.
- Turn left and follow bridleway up across the heathland until you come to the open area with the golf course at the top.
- Turn left on track and continue up the hill to the road.
- Turn right onto the B3351.
- Turn left at the T junction and follow road down hill.
- At next junction, turn right onto the main road back to Swanage.
- Turn Right at junction onto Seaward Road.
- Turn Left onto De Moulham Road.
- Right onto Victoria Avenue and back to start at the car park.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.