Swanage Telephone Exchange
The Swanage Telephone Exchange building in Locarno Road.
The building was completed in 1936 and houses the telephone exchange equipment for the town and currently services around 6000 premises.
The building originally was home to large racks of switching telephone equipment but this has now been reduced to modern digital systems.
Image Ref: VS2140
Photographer: Brian Dorey