- 2 miles
- Start From:
- National Trust Car Park, below Corfe Castle
- Total Ascent:
- 100m (approx)
- A walk around the Purbeck Hills to the west of the village of Corfe Castle with stunning views over the Isle of Purbeck and surrounding area.
- Start NT Car Park - Start at the National Trust Car Park below Corfe Castle on the A351, at the west side of the car park is an exit to the main road crossing. Exit the carpark to the main road and go across the road to a wooden gate on the far size. This road can be very busy so take care when crossing.
- Wooden Gate - Go through the gate and follow the footpath along the edge of a large field under the castle until you come to wooden gates to your left.
- Path junction - At the wooden gates turn right and and follow the steep steps up the side of the hill until you come to a fence line and gate, Go though the gate and with the fence on your right side, continue to the top of the hill.
- Top of the hill - When you reach the top of the hill, follow the northern fence line heading West across the field until you come to a gate.
- Gate - Go through the gate and continue west across the field util you come to the next gate.
- Gate - Go though the gate and turn left and follow the path southwest down the side of the hill until you come to a large metal gate and wide chalk track.
- Wide Metal gate and Chalk track - Turn left and follow the steep wide chalk track down the hill heading East though the second wide metal gate towards Corfe Castle.
- Gate - At the gate continue straight ahead and follow the path heading East and then when you reach the gates retrace your steps along the outgoing route back to the start at the car park
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.