- 2 miles
- Start From:
- National Trust Car Park, below Corfe Castle
- Total Ascent:
- 72m (approx)
- A walk around Corfe Castle and Norden station.
- Start NT Car Park - Start at the National Trust Car Park below Corfe Castle on the A351, at the east side of the car park are steps which lead up to a path along side the railway, go through stile and continue to railway crossing.
- Railway crossing - Cross over the railway line and turn left along path in open fields towards trees.
- Sign Post - At sign post go right and follow path through woodland on edge of Norden park and ride car park.
- Gate into Car Park - At gate turn left and follow track across the car park to the entrance.
- Car Park Entrance - At the entrance to the car park turn left and follow road to roundabout, cross the roundabout (caution busy road) and walk approx 50m towards Corfe Castle until you find a metal gate on your right a few meters in from the road.
- Metal Gate - Go through metal gate and turn left and follow track to swing metal gate on your right.
- Swing Gate - Go through gate and follow track through woodland.
- Gate - Turn right at gate and follow narrow path up slope to metal gate.
- Gate - Go straight ahead at gate and follow path along edge of field and hillside.
- Wooden swing Gate - Go through gate and turn left and then follow track down to bridge over stream.
- Bridge - Go over bridge and though gate and cross the road.
- Castle Path - Follow tarmac path around the lower edge of the castle and up slope to village.
- Top of path - Turn left towards the village square.
- Castle Entrance - Turn left and go across the bridge towards the castle.
- Gate - At the castle gatehouse turn right and go through gate and follow narrow path around the side of the castle ramparts. This path is narrow and has a steep drop on the right side.
- Gate - Go through gate and continue straight ahead and cross road.
- A351 crossing - Cross the A351 and return to the start of the walk in the car park.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.