- Off Road Ride
- 5.5 miles
- Start From:
- OSGB Grid Ref: SY 9624284855 between Corfe Castle and Arne, N50 39.801 W2 03.272
- Total Ascent:
- 85m (approx)
- A flat 5 mile ride along Rempstone Forest along smooth tracks. Some sections can be muddy in winter.
- Start of Ride - Park on the side of the road and go across grass to gateway under trees.
- Gate next to trees - Go through gate and follow path under trees until next gate over small wooden bridge.
- Gate - Continue along path until you come to a small stone bridge with double wooden gates.
- Bridge - Go through the wooden gates and over the bridge and follow bridleway sign up across the field to fence line.
- Metal Gate - Go though the metal gate and follow track across the field towards the trees.
- Wooden Gates - Go through the wooden gate onto wide forest track, continue until you come to next gate and road.
- Gates and Road - Go straight ahead through the gate and cross the road, and through the next wooden gate. Follow the forest track until you come to a wooden gate on your left with a gap on the left side, go through the gap onto the road and then go right, then left onto tarmac road.
- Junction - Turn right then left onto tarmac road. Follow the road along the edge of the trees (left side) and right at the next corner and follow road up the hill until you come to a rough track on your left next to an electricity sub station.
- Left onto Rough Track - Turn left at the electricity sub station and follow the rough track into the forest. This track can be muddy in the winter. Continue along the track until you come to a tarmac road T junction.
- T Junction - Turn left onto tarmac road and continue along the road until you come to a cross roads with rough tracks on each side and a wooden sign on the left side.
- Junction - Turn left and follow the rough track until you come to a gate with a gap on the left side.
- Gate - Go straight ahead at the gate and continue through the farm on the road.
- T Junction - Turn right at the T junction and follow outgoing route back to the start of the ride.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.