- Off Road Ride
- 8.6 miles
- Start From:
- Victoria Avenue Car park, Swanage
- Total Ascent:
- 260m (approx)
- A 8.6 mile ride from Swanage across Studland Heath past Agglestone Rock and back via heathland tracks. Can be muddy in winter with some steep hills on and off road.
- At the exit of the car park, turn right then left up Northbrook Road, continue past mini roundabout until you come to Ulwell Road.
- Turn left at junction and follow road until Y junction, turn left at junction and continue along road and up steep hill.
- B3351 Junction - Turn right at top of hill and follow road past golf course until you come to a small clearing on your left with a wooden gate and 3 parking spaces.
- Go through wooden gates and follow bridleway signs along side of golf course down hill keeping to the right at the next Y junction on the track.
- Continue straight ahead at double gates.
- Turn left before Agglestone Rock and follow track turning right at next junction down across the heathland.
- Turn right onto wide track and continue down to stream crossing and narrow bridge.
- At T junction on track, Turn right onto track following bridleway signs.
- Gate - Turn right and go through gate and follow track up the side of the heathland past second set of gates until you come to the golf course on outgoing route.
- Junction: Turn left and follow track back to road and turn right and follow road down towards Studland.
- Y Junction, Turn right and follow road down to Swanage, continue along road until you come to the clock tower with jetty on left.
- Shore Road and Victoria Avenue - Turn right onto Victoria Avenue and follow road back to start.
Move your mouse over the elevation line to view the location on the route map.
Download GPX file for your GPS or Smart Phone. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
Download KML file for Google Earth. Right-Click or Control-Click and select Save link as to download the file.
These routes have been recorded using a Garmin GPS unit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the available data files due to differences between GPS devices.
Please take care when cycling or walking near cliff edges or steep paths.